Education

Composed by Cliff

University Notes of Varying Calibre
This page contains links to digital files that Cliff Lui and other learned friends have created for Hong Kong university subjects including business, substantive law (LLB) notes, and procedural law (PCLL) notes. More recently, our authors have also contributed notes for the notorious conversion examinations.

Only notes with which our authors have passed the relevant exams are published here.

Following are some guidelines to note before you download any of the documents to avoid your papers being marked as plagiarized and / or copyright infringements.

1. Always put down the author(s)’ name(s) and year of the relevant document’s publication as a footnote or directly following the concept you have used. E.g.: Law can have nothing to do with morality, but since law is usually a manifestation of social norms, i.e. “law generally shapes what society deems as acceptable,” it can be said that some aspects of morality have tight pairings with the law in most countries (Lui H.S. 2005 Law and Morality). This, of course, does not apply to template papers such as skeletons, statements of claim, etc.
  2. Do not blatantly copy and paste sections. Always synthesize the material before using it. We do that, you should do it too.
  3. Password requests should be emailed to the webmaster.
  4. I realise that any mistakes in the documents are the author’s cause but I or whoever co-authored the document shall not be liable for any pecuniary damage / loss resulting from their use.
  5. Now, go download.

By downloading the documents, you agree to have had read and have knowledge of the above declaration(s).
Yes, I understand; show me the notes!

Please ask any law-related questions in our forum.

» Link to VF legal forums
» Link to academic articles in the Scoop
» Link to old Companies Ordinance (Cap 32) PDF file
» Director’s Duty to Confess (Lusina Ho with some by Cliff)
» Article on Conversion Exams

PCLL Notes

The following kenotes are kindly provided by my very learned friend, Ken, and are, if specified, for minor topics under a main subject. Ken is very learned. Kenotes may well be more comprehensive than Cliffnotes.

Conversion Notes (VF, TL and TM-Notes)

Past Contributors
Cliff, Ken, Tracy, Fontaine, Terence

~ ~ ~

321 Comments »

Newest on top

1. Christine says:

Hi there,

I am preparing for evidence, civil and criminal procedure, HK legal system conversion exams, I see there are notes on evidence n criminal procedure notes by terence, do you have more notes on these subjects, if yes, please kindly share, thanks so much for the great site n notes!!!

2. anita says:

Cliff,

Thanks for your notes. I am going to take Conversion for Legal and Crim Pro this coming.

What book do you recommend ? is your notes sufficient?

3. Cliff says:

Hi Ying, thanks for the note. We do offer some of the notes on your list, but not all. Please have a look around. We will be publishing more this year in due course. Stay tuned!

4. ying says:

Hi cliff,
    Looks like a lot of people are relying on your notes, thanks so much!
    Can you kindly offer notes for civil, criminal, commercial, and land? I understand some parts might not be complete, but any relevant material will be useful as it is my first attempt on these papers. Much thanks! Ying

5. cat says:

thank your great work, i want to have business asociation notes for conersion exam

6. Cliff says:

Hi @Crystal – I’m truly sorry about Evidence but you’ll really need to read Simon Young’s book on HK evidence. Its too much to put into note form…

7. Crystal says:

Thanks for your notes, I really appreciate it, could you please send me the password for Evidence notes??? Thank you!!!!

8. Billy says:

Thx Cliff anyway. I know notes regarding personal property is quite hard to get hold of.

9. Cliff says:

@Kitrina – Evidence is waaaaaay to complicated for notes – please read Simon Young’s book (I know its thick).

10. Cliff says:

@Billy – hmmm I don’t have these topics… anyone who can pitch in?

11. Billy says:

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for your great work!
    Would you mind sharing commercial law notes regarding personal property and also credit and security?

Your work is much much appreciated!

Billy

Do you have the notes for commercial law of these topics? Can you send to me?

Many thx!!!

12. Kitrina says:

Hi Cliff,

I urgently need the notes for Evidence since I am taking the exam in 2 weeks. Could you kindly give me the password, please?

Thank you very much for your great help!

13. Tim says:

Hi Cliff,
    I am preparing for my Legal system and Cons Law examination.

Would you mind sending me the links and passwords of the relevant notes?

Your help is very much appreciated!

This is a great site, keep it up!

Thanks again!
    Tim

14. p says:

hi Cliff!

Just wondering if you could send me the commercial law notes? which includes agency, Sale of Goods, Personal Property , credit and security. Thanks a lot.

15. lala says:

thanks!

16. Rachel says:

Hi Cliff!

Thank you so much for this site, its been a great help!
    I was wondering if you could please send me the password for Evidence mid term? Also, I will be taking HK Constitutional Law this year, do you have any notes for that?

THANK YOU!

17. V says:

Do u mind giving the password for evidence mid-term?
    THANKS!

18. Leon says:

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for your great work!
    The topic of commercial law this yr including agency, Sale of Goods, Personal Property and also the credit and security.

Do you have the notes for commercial law of these topics? Can you send to me?

Many thx!!!

19. Dennis says:

Hi Cliff,

May I have the password of Evidence Mid-term?

20. Chris says:

Hi Cliff,

Concerning Commercial Law, do you have notes on personal property and sale of goods?

Thanks a lot!!!

RSS feed for comments on this post | TrackBack URI

Powered by Wordpress - Triplets Identification Band by Neuro - Adapted for use by ViperFusion,