Education

Composed by Cliff

University Notes of Varying Calibre
This page contains links to digital files that Cliff Lui and other learned friends have created for Hong Kong university subjects including business, substantive law (LLB) notes, and procedural law (PCLL) notes. More recently, our authors have also contributed notes for the notorious conversion examinations.

Only notes with which our authors have passed the relevant exams are published here.

Following are some guidelines to note before you download any of the documents to avoid your papers being marked as plagiarized and / or copyright infringements.

1. Always put down the author(s)’ name(s) and year of the relevant document’s publication as a footnote or directly following the concept you have used. E.g.: Law can have nothing to do with morality, but since law is usually a manifestation of social norms, i.e. “law generally shapes what society deems as acceptable,” it can be said that some aspects of morality have tight pairings with the law in most countries (Lui H.S. 2005 Law and Morality). This, of course, does not apply to template papers such as skeletons, statements of claim, etc.
  2. Do not blatantly copy and paste sections. Always synthesize the material before using it. We do that, you should do it too.
  3. Password requests should be emailed to the webmaster.
  4. I realise that any mistakes in the documents are the author’s cause but I or whoever co-authored the document shall not be liable for any pecuniary damage / loss resulting from their use.
  5. Now, go download.

By downloading the documents, you agree to have had read and have knowledge of the above declaration(s).
Yes, I understand; show me the notes!

Please ask any law-related questions in our forum.

» Link to VF legal forums
» Link to academic articles in the Scoop
» Link to old Companies Ordinance (Cap 32) PDF file
» Director’s Duty to Confess (Lusina Ho with some by Cliff)
» Article on Conversion Exams

PCLL Notes

The following kenotes are kindly provided by my very learned friend, Ken, and are, if specified, for minor topics under a main subject. Ken is very learned. Kenotes may well be more comprehensive than Cliffnotes.

Conversion Notes (VF, TL and TM-Notes)

Past Contributors
Cliff, Ken, Tracy, Fontaine, Terence

~ ~ ~

322 Comments »

Newest on top

1. KJ says:

Hello everyone,

I have two sets of commercial notes on A, B and C and would like to get my hands on the HKU Space A+B. Mine are good but I’d like to cross reference. If you’d like to exchange, I’d be happy.

Best of luck

2. song says:

Hi Tommy, I have comprehensive notes for crim procedure, give me a shout if you still need them.

3. song says:

Hi nova, I have a full set of HK Legal System HKU Space notes (hardcopy). I took the preparatory course and passed the exam in one go. I also have notes for Constitutional exam (HKU Space and Ip Learning softcopy). Do you still need the notes?

4. John says:

Thanks T,
    I just give a shot and see if it works. any advice for preparation?

John

5. vanessa says:

Hi,

Im wondering if you could provide us with a more recent conversion notes for BA? I am willing to pay at reasonable price. Thank you.

6. t-v- says:

Nova, please email hei_b_1314@hotmail.com.hk if you are interested in the conversion notes.

7. T says:

Dear John,

As a CPE yr 2 student you should know the workload and time that is required to prepare for an exam, especially to get the grades required to remain competitive in the legal market.

I admire your intention to sit 5 conversions at the same time and I can say with first hand experience that all of your subjects are extremely manageable in one sitting especially when the conversion exams are pass/fail.

In terms of how to prepare, self study is definitely the way to go with your 5 subjects as they are pretty self explanatory. That is the way I went about it myself.
    The space courses, from what I hear, are intensive and can be very time consuming, time that you really don’t have a lot of. If you have the money, by all means, but with a good set of notes you can find yourself in no less disadvantage than the guys who took the course.

The Hong Kong legal texts are a great source of knowledge but to simply pass the exams you are taking, you may want to just rely on notes and common sensibilities since those subjects are more practical than academic. Please feel free to refer to the notes on this site for further information. Good luck buddy.

8. Tommy says:

I am looking for PCLL conversion criminal procedure notes.
    Willing to pay. Thanks.

9. Nova says:

I would like to have space notes for pcll conversion programme (Legal System and Constitution Law). Reasonable price will be paid. Thanks

10. John says:

hi, i am john, to be a CPE yr 2 student this Sep. I would like to finish the 5 conversions at the same time in the coming year. Any suggestion? e.g. which subjects i can self-study? whose/what notes or sources reliable? Textbook necessary? space course a must for some subjects? how long and how to prepare? doable if i take on CPE yr two at the same time?

Also would you mind sharing your notes and experience so that i can prepare myself better in view of such a tight schedule? Also anything to note for preparation?

Looking forward to your reply. Amillion thanks!

the five subjects are business assoc, criminal and civil procedures, commerical law and evidence.i am thinking of taking evidence and commerical law in Jan

11. Gary says:

Hi Cliff

I find it extremely useful.

Thanks very much.

Gary

12. Cliff says:

@bl2013 – there are no constitutional law notes for perusal. The coverage scope is too large.

13. bl2013 says:

Dear Cliff,

Where may I find materials for the Constitutional Law?

Many thanks.

14. Eric says:

15. Cliff says:

Hey guys, thanks for the support!!! We are still active (posted a new article), and will be more active when substantive legal issues arise at work!

16. Erik says:

Thanks!

17. Matt says:

Dear Cliff,

I will take the PCLL Conversion Exams in coming June. I’m just wondering if you have any notes on Hong Kong Constitutional Law, Hong Kong Legal System, and Hong Kong Land Law.

Appreciate your generous assistance very much and look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks heaps!

Kind regards,
    Matt

18. Vicky says:

2004 Tort Essay and 2006 Evidence Min-Term cannot be assessed. Please advise.

Also, I am looking for notes for Tort law, please help!

My email is vickychau01@yahoo.com.hk, thank you so much!

19. John says:

Hello, I’m looking for notes for Land Land, Constitutional Law and Legal System. I can’t find them on this website.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

20. Roger says:

Hi, I am looking for notes for commercial law part a, b, c, HK legal systems, HK constitutional Law and HK land law, please help!!

my email is rodgyd@gmail.com, thanks in advance!

RSS feed for comments on this post | TrackBack URI

Powered by Wordpress - Triplets Identification Band by Neuro - Adapted for use by ViperFusion,