Education

Composed by Cliff

University Notes of Varying Calibre
This page contains links to digital files that Cliff Lui and other learned friends have created for Hong Kong university subjects including business, substantive law (LLB) notes, and procedural law (PCLL) notes. More recently, our authors have also contributed notes for the notorious conversion examinations.

Only notes with which our authors have passed the relevant exams are published here.

Following are some guidelines to note before you download any of the documents to avoid your papers being marked as plagiarized and / or copyright infringements.

1. Always put down the author(s)’ name(s) and year of the relevant document’s publication as a footnote or directly following the concept you have used. E.g.: Law can have nothing to do with morality, but since law is usually a manifestation of social norms, i.e. “law generally shapes what society deems as acceptable,” it can be said that some aspects of morality have tight pairings with the law in most countries (Lui H.S. 2005 Law and Morality). This, of course, does not apply to template papers such as skeletons, statements of claim, etc.
  2. Do not blatantly copy and paste sections. Always synthesize the material before using it. We do that, you should do it too.
  3. Password requests should be emailed to the webmaster.
  4. I realise that any mistakes in the documents are the author’s cause but I or whoever co-authored the document shall not be liable for any pecuniary damage / loss resulting from their use.
  5. Now, go download.

By downloading the documents, you agree to have had read and have knowledge of the above declaration(s).
Yes, I understand; show me the notes!

Please ask any law-related questions in our forum.

» Link to VF legal forums
» Link to academic articles in the Scoop
» Link to old Companies Ordinance (Cap 32) PDF file
» Director’s Duty to Confess (Lusina Ho with some by Cliff)
» Article on Conversion Exams

PCLL Notes

The following kenotes are kindly provided by my very learned friend, Ken, and are, if specified, for minor topics under a main subject. Ken is very learned. Kenotes may well be more comprehensive than Cliffnotes.

Conversion Notes (VF, TL and TM-Notes)

Past Contributors
Cliff, Ken, Tracy, Fontaine, Terence

~ ~ ~

283 Comments »

Newest on top

1. Regina says:

Dear Cliff,

I’m currently reading Hong Kong Company Law by Vanessa Stott in preparation for the conversion exams… it is the most rubbish textbook I have ever read and it does not cover topics in much depth. Can you please recommend another textbook?

2. Cliff says:

@lala: the only thing that can save you from accounting is rote practise…

3. lala says:

Dear Cliff,

May i ask if you have any notes on Account? bookkeeping. those “balance sh!*”. it bothers me so much!

thanks so much.
    PCLL student
    lala

4. zenicho says:

Hi Cliff,
    Could you kindly provide password for the files? Thank you so much for creating this website and the kind sharing.

Ian

[They are in the link above]

5. Henry says:

Hi Cliff,

I’m just wondering if you have any notes on commercial law for PCLL exam? I would be grateful if you could send the notes to me or advice me on where the study materials are avaliable.

Thank you so much for posting all the notes on the website, they are really useful for my stuidies.

Henry

6. Tan Cheung says:

Hi Cliff

I am studying JDPT in CityU. This is my final year and the examination is coming. Would you please send me the notes for commercial law and civil procedures?

Regards
    Tanny

7. redboy says:

hi cliff,
    this comment has nothing to do with cliffnotes but it has something to do with ‘education’, so i’m posting it here if you don’t mind…i study law on the other side of the world and i am thinking of doing an exchange year to HKU. seeing that you’ve done HKU electives, can i ask you a few questions? there’s hardly any info on the HKU LLB over here.
    just give me a buzz via my email!
    thanks.

[buzzed]

8. George says:

Can you send me the password for the 2006 New Homicide Act for England and Wales? [answered]

9. Cliff says:

I’m sorry – your best bet would be Simon Young’s hefty book on evidence.

10. PC says:

Hello I am searching for some JD Evidence notes
    I can see that there is a file up there saying 2006 Evidence Mid term (password will not be given).

How can I access this file? please advise. and thanks for sharing the materials

11. Kate Wong says:

Hi Cliff and other visitors,
    Would you please send the space notes of civil procedure (new syllabus), criminal procedure and commercial law of PCLL Conversion Exam to me? May I say if any visitors wanna exchange/sell the notes to me, I’ll be totally grateful for it! I’ve got the space notes of HK legal system, constitutional law, evidence and land law. Will you please contact me at kate.wong@ymail.com if you are interested?
    Thank you so much, Cliff and everyone!
    Kate

12. Cliff says:

Such is no longer available!

13. Ivy says:

Dear Cliff,

I am currently studying for the PCLL conversion, could I have the password for Evidence. thanks so much!

14. Cliff says:

@Regina – emailed response.

15. Cliff says:

They’re at the top there.

16. Regina says:

Dear Cliff,

I am currently in the process for studying for PCLL conversion exams (sadly). I was wondering if your notes for HK Land Law, Evidence and Company above are what is required by the conversion exams.

17. Esther says:

Hi Cliff,

Would you be kind enough to send me Commercial Law, Criminal Procedure and Civil Procedure notes for the PCLL Conversion exams? I find it very hard by self-study.
    Many thanks in advance.

Esther

18. Patrick says:

Hello Cliff. I wonder if I could have 2008 PCLL Probate (litigation issues) Cliffnotes (available on request only)? Many thanks!

19. Jessica says:

Hey. Can I have 2008 PCLL Probate (litigation issues) Cliffnotes (available on request only) please? Thanks very much =)

RSS feed for comments on this post | TrackBack URI

Powered by Wordpress - Triplets Identification Band by Neuro - Adapted for use by ViperFusion,